K-CAP ARTS AND CULTURE CAPACITY BUILDING TRAINING WORKSHOP: AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT26th November 2015
Application for 2017 AIM-PRO programme still ongoing7th December 2015
K-CAP takes into account local, regional and national priorities and opportunities in both the arts and local government. The K-CAP Festival Programme is managed by the capable core team of the organisation. These large scale events have grown in stature over the last five years and have developed a loyal and growing audience from Kwa Mashu, the surrounding areas, the province, national and international.
Festival Programme includes:
- Africa Motherland Festival (every May) as part of celebrating Africa Month and Africa Day in May 25.
- FUNDA Schools Competition (every July) – a drama competition festival for KZN primary and secondary schools.
- Ishashalazi Women Theatre Festival – a platform for aspirant women directors, actresses who want to become professionals in theatre. Annually presented on the last week of August.
- Deep Zulu Comedy – every September – as part of promoting IsiZulu amongst youth performing artists
- EThekwini Mzansi Theatre (September)
- Isigcawu Theatre Festival (November) – a platform for over 40 theatre groups in KZN run in a competition format. Runs for 3 days annually.
- KZN African Film Festival (KAFF) during the first week of December and run annually. A community based successful film festival giving opportunity to emerging filmmakers to be mentored by professionals in film. Guests include international Hollywood stars such Gabriel Union, Eric Lau and many others.
- Inkundla Poetry Festival – an annual platform for community poets.